Friday, January 13, 2012


2002 Ford Think Next door neighbor (8-14-02):

The objective of this publish is to reveal my experience with my new electric powered car and to response the most consistent concerns I am requested. Yes folks need me to ask concerns.

The Think is a new car published on the market (locally) in May 2002, this is Ford’s admittance into the electrical car market. This Think is categorized as a Community Electric operated Vehicle, which satisfies the Administration specifications for low rate automobiles. This includes the advantages of reasonable electrical transport, no pollutants and a secure relaxed trip. These automobiles are available in only 11 declares, and Arizona has only 4 sellers.



Why the Ford Think?

I dealt my Kawasaki Mule (4 rim ATV), for the Think due to the fact the law enforcement kept showing me the Mule was not highway lawful. The Mule is identical size, bodyweight and efficiency, but had room for only 2 travelers and is energy operated.





 Regularly requested questions:

This Think is certified and scrutinized in Arizona (street legal)

Range, 30 distance on one power supply charge

Top Speed restricted to 25 mph by law

Recharge the power supply power instantaneously at any 110-volt electric outlet, for less than 50 dollars.

Unlike a golfing buggy, the Think is highway legal; yes you can use this as a golfing buggy, in Pitch setting the top rate is 15mph.



What do I use this for?

Trips to the shop, two, purchasing journeys to Sam’s Low cost and short journeys in the area (on roads with 35 kilometer hourly limits). No interstate generating.



We are preparing to “trailer” the Think to Galveston to trip the traditional String section and the sea walls area. The San Luis resort has enough off highway vehicle for it’s visitors, and my preferred perspective of the beach.



Specifications for the 4-passenger model:

Curb bodyweight 1,400 pounds

Overall length: 114 inches

Overall width: 57 inches

Overall height: 68 in. (mini van height)

Wheelbase: 78 inches

Cost: variety, $6,500.00 for primary 2 traveler style to $9,500.00 for a packed 4 traveler, involved below are hyperlinks to the Ford Think web page to cost one for yourself.



Optional components on this car (this is the primary model)

Maintenance free power supply power, you never have to add water.

Wide turf wheels (they look better than the small tires)



First Impressions

When I first saw the Ford Think, I imagined, “this is the Cyclops” from shows that Stan Mott obtained for Road and Monitor journal, 40 years ago. Big window, large start space, shiny colours.

My first “hands on” to generate a Think was when Jeff from www.lsvcarts.com  introduced a couple of demonstration vehicles to the Electric operated Vehicle Connections, group getting together with on May 20, 2002. That evening I was able to generate both the 2 travelers and 4-passenger style several periods. Excellent chair location, good perspective (you sit high enough to see and be seen in traffic), excellent rim feel (rack & pinion), and unexpected efficiency. The Think was easy to get in and out, with the pick up manage in the right place. The three location chair devices carry you in the care safely. It pushes and seems like a larger/heavier car. I had a optimistic first impact from my analyze pushes that evening.

This was my new getting together with with the EAA Golf club and the associates of the EAA group just didn't seem to see I was monopolizing the analyze vehicles. Thanks to the EAA folks for allowing me take many analyze pushes. Here is the web page for the Orange County Electric operated Vehicle Connections, www.lsvcarts.com and your carpet cleaning needs www.socalcarpetcleaners.com

Also here is images of the 2002 Think and the 1960 Cyclops, do you recognize they look alike?










I went house and did my research, and therefore ordered this car and took delivery and delivery on September 19, 2002.



Other Alternatives & Think Links:

For more details, go to the Ford Think web page, acquire style details, options, costs, take a online trip and ask for a guide, you can also acquire the owner’s guide in Adobe, pdf structure. Acquire, list and study the owner’s guide to get an excellent idea how the Think works before you take a try. www.thinkmobility.com

At this web page you can also identify a “local” Ford supplier promoting the Think.


Shop Manual, Helm provides the Honda approved shop guide on CD ROM drive for $75.00 plus delivery. See: www.lsvcarts.com - The information are in Adobe pdf structure and can be considered and printed out on your pc system. This is a new for me to use an automated shop guide, and I like it. I list out the websites I’m considering, take the websites to the storage area, and do not fear about getting the websites filthy, or coming the guide to the shelf.


My first generating Impressions

The first mid-day house with the Think I took my spouse, sister in law and sis in law for a “drive” in the area. With four individuals onboard the Think had unexpected efficiency, and it’s quite. (You do not recognize how much disturbance a energy operated car makes until you generate an electrical car.) I had around the area for about six to eight distance, until it got black. Here is what we discovered, we were able to see and have a look at out our others who live nearby. We would quit several periods to have a look at out with our others who live nearby, many we have not seen for a season. In chilly climate we see these others who live nearby when we “walk around the block” but in the September Orange County climate it’s too hot simply to move. Getting this “face time” with my others who live nearby is hard to do generating my vehicle with the windows thrown up, ac going full crank, and r / c on.

The cornering capability of the Think is incredible. The separate revocation gives the capability to part more quickly than I imagined possible. The low middle of severity and bodyweight of the power supply power promote this balance.

I made the right choice to buy the four traveler style Think, because everyone wants to go for a try or get a trip to the shop with you. This is an excellent opportunity to make new associates.

One of the reasons for composing this publish is to offer some details for individuals who quit me and ask “what is that? Is it a golfing cart?”



Insurance, yes!

On Wednesday day, I approached my broker to add the Think to my automatic insurance plan, and the broker had problems comprehension what a Think was. Lastly I e-mailed her a content of the buy account, which revealed the VIN (vehicle recognition number) and images of the Think. Two periods later I obtained protection plan greeting cards to show protection for the Think. I suppose the plan company required to do their “homework” because it took two periods to get the plan greeting cards, in the past this was a one-hour transformation.



Who is considering the Think? Who ask the most concerns.

The over 50 season old, men are the ones who observe (and have interest in) the Think and quit me to ask concerns. Of course the teenager kids look and trend at me when I’m generating. The women in SUV’s cure me as an hassle, because they must slowly down, and want me to get out of their way.



Federal Tax rewards available...

IRS Type 8834, Capable Electric operated Vehicle Credit score, will give you a TAX CREDIT of 7.5% (of the Think buy price). This tax credit is available for individuals, on their 2002 earnings tax come back. For more details see IRS Type 8834, and search the IRS web page for “Qualified Electric operated Vehicle Credit score.”

For me this is a tax cost savings (credit) of over $600.00 (six hundred) dollars. Not befuddle this tax credit with a tax reduction. A tax credit means $600.00 less taxation compensated by me for 2002. I rationalized, It is priced at $600.00 less.” However, I must delay to computer file the 2002 earnings tax come back to “collect” the tax credit and counteract the cost.

I will bring up to date this publish with a longer-term review, so be sure to search for this site, and look later. This publish is to offer you some immediate details and to response your concerns.


This publish was published by Gus Hrncir, a group associate of the Computer Develop or Buy Team System, and a consistent speaker at the regular events. Please have a look at out this web page for some excellent software, and be a part of us for our regular events (8-14-02).

For purchasing of New and Used Golf
www.lsvcarts.com
949 689-7859
lsvcarts@gmail.com

We offer both gas and electric low speed vehicles (LSV) and we stock 1000's of parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment